Monday 18 November 2013

3D Printshow: London & Paris





























Since the beginning of my position at 3D Printshow, I've been part of a small team working towards two huge events - which happened on the 7th, 8th and 9th of this month in London, and on the 15th and 16th of this month in Paris. Nine of us organised a series of events which attracted nearly 20, 000 visitors overall, and we're really proud of ourselves.

I organised and curated a 3D Printed fashion exhibition which was shown at the Business Design Centre in London and at the Carousel du Louvre in Paris. I liaised with over thirty designers and took responsibility for nearly one hundred pieces - which included shipping the whole collection abroad and back. I supported with the management of twelve live catwalk shows over both events and lead a team of fifteen in the production of them - showcasing 3D printed work from fashion designers all over the world.

Since the team was so small, there's so much more that I experienced and learnt. I was privileged to be able to work with many talented professionals, and I was humbled by everyone's support. Now it's back to the office until the same team produces a whole new 3D Printshow event in New York in February. Yikes.












A list of some of the designers I have worked with: http://3dprintshow.com/london2013/fashion-designers/