Tuesday 8 July 2014

Virtual reality

I have a really fun job, in which I research amazing fashion, arts and architectural content produced via 3D printing for a global series of exhibitions.
One such body of work I've come across recently is that of Berlin based collective Pussykrew. With heaps of interesting experience within the digital media, music, VJ sets and animation modelling, their recent 3D printed work makes the hyper real forms from their virtual animations into physical structures.

A fascination with 'tumblr aesthetic' (which I researched at great length last year on this blog) as well as an interest in virtual, contemporary landscape (via a blog I curate) has certainly prepped me to appreciate the work of Pussykrew. Do check out the stunning animation that heads up their website HERE, or read through the documentation of their 3D printed artwork HERE.