Monday 6 May 2013

Contemporary Landscape

I'm researching for a short assessed essay in one of my history of art modules called 'Reality Sucks: Contemporary Approaches to Landscape and Environment' (which rules).

To build upon my interest in 'new media' and culturally integrated technology, I'm looking at how immaterial networks made can be visible through particular 'landscape' artworks.

On a bit of tangent, I've found some really interesting stuff - which I will hopefully be able to work out how to base my essay around.

Artist Joe Hamilton has absolutely mesmerized me with his visually intense work 'Hyper Geography', which attempts to negotiate our experience of landscape in relation to our concept of landscape.
I'm going to have to try and work it out when I've got a bit more time / write about it for my essay.

It's incredible: